WINTER SEASON IS HERE!
Registration for the Winter 2022 Season is Open!
– Baseball – Basketball – Flag Football – Soccer – Softball – Volleyball –
ALL SPORTS ARE CO-ED (except for girls softball).
- $65 Early registration (Oct 24 – Nov 8)
- $75 Registration (Nov 9 – Nov 29)
- $85 Late registration (Nov 30 – Dec 14)
- Oct 24 – Nov 8 – Early Registration
- Nov 9 – Nov 29 - Normal Registration
- Nov 30 – Dec 14 – Late Registration
- Dec 15 – Registration is Closed
- Jan 3 – 5 – Rosters Released
- Jan 15 – Coaches Clinic
- Jan 22 – Games Begin
- Jan 29 – Game Day
- Feb 5 – Game Day
- Feb 12 – Game Day
- Feb 19 – Game Day
- Feb 26 – Final Game Day, Playoffs*
- Mar 5 – Championship Games*
*Tournament Divisions Only
**Some divisions may have a bye week
- Gilbert & Chandler – Mesquite Junior High School & South Valley Junior High School
- These locations will serve most of Gilbert and also Chandler families north of the 202.
- East Mesa – Desert Ridge Junior High School
- This location will serve all east Mesa and many East Gilbert families.
- Central/North Mesa – Taylor Junior High School
- This location will serve North and Central Mesa.
- Queen Creek & Chandler – Newell Barney Junior High School & Payne Junior High
- These locations will host games for teams from Queen Creek, South Chandler and South Gilbert
*Please use the age your child was on August 31, 2021 for division placement*
- Basketball – 4-5, 6-7, 8-9*, 10-11*, 12-13*
- Baseball – 3-4, 5-6, 7-9, 10-12
- Flag Football – 5-6*, 7-8*, 9-10*, 11-12*, 13-14*
- Soccer – 3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9*, 10-12*
- Softball – 7-9, 10-12
- Volleyball – 7-9*, 10-11*, 12-14*
- *This age division participates in a tournament
PRACTICE TIMES & LOCATIONS:
- Practice times and locations are arranged at the coach’s discretion. Each team practices when and where they choose. Practices are generally held outside.
- *AZYS does not provide teams with practice locations
GAME PLAY FORMAT:
- Basketball – Tournament style (beginner to advanced), rec-style for younger divisions
- Baseball/Softball – Rec style (beginner – intermediate)
- Flag football – Tournament style (beginner to advanced)
- Soccer – Rec-style, Tournament style for older divisions only
- Volleyball – Tournament style (beginner to advanced)
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED BY PARENTS:
- Basketball – mouthguard recommended, shoes, shorts, basketball.
- Baseball – pants/shorts, shoes, glove, batting helmet. Bat and balls are optional.
- Flag Football – mouthguard required, pants/shorts, shoes, football. Cleats are optional.
- Soccer – shin guards, shorts, shoes, soccer ball. Cleats and soccer socks are optional.
- Softball – pants/shorts, shoes, glove, batting helmet. Bat and balls are optional.
- Volleyball – knee pads, black shorts, shoes, volleyball.
Team Shirts are provided to all players.
Hats are provided to Baseball/Softball only.
Please view the rules for the appropriate sized ball needed for your player.
We are always looking for new parent coaches. Please consider volunteering to coach your child’s team!
- 50% off one child’s registration
- Free coaches shirt
- The league will provide some equipment for some sports for practice
- Sample practices and playbooks are available to all coaches
Many teams will play 1-2 away games during the season. All games are in the East Valley.
Full refunds may be issued if requested in writing BEFORE rosters are released.