Summer season is our smallest season as we only run indoor sports – basketball and volleyball. We will have close to 1,000 Mesa players registered during our summer season. Practices and games typically start around the time the kids get back to school
If you are looking for something to do while the kids are out on summer break, check out our fun summer clinics and skills camps!
All teams are co-ed
- Volleyball – 7-9*, 10-11*, 12-14*
- Basketball – 4-5, 6-7, 8-9*, 10-11*, 12-13*
*This age division participates in a tournament*
We are always looking for new parent coaches! Please consider volunteering to coach your child’s team!
- 50% off one child’s registration
- Free coaches shirt
- The league will provide some equipment for some sports for practice
- Sample practices and playbooks are available to all coaches
- Coach clinic before the season
- Coaches are parent volunteers – Practice times and locations are arranged at the coach’s discretion.
- Practices are generally held outside during the weekday evenings.
- *AZYS does not provide teams with practice locations. Players are required to supply their own ball; i.e., soccer ball, volleyball, basketball etc.
Team Shirts are provided to all players. Hats are provided to Baseball/Softball only. Please view the rules for the appropriate sized ball needed for your player.
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED BY PARENTS
- Volleyball – knee pads, black shorts, shoes, volleyball.
- Basketball – mouthguard recommended, shoes, shorts, basketball.