SPRING SEASON HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19!
Please check back soon for more information on the upcoming season!
We are offering baseball, basketball, flag football, soccer, volleyball and girls softball.
ALL SPORTS ARE CO-ED (except for girls softball).
We have a few exciting changes for Spring Season!
1. New Larger Locations
With the rapid growth of our league, we are reducing the number of game locations to four larger locations. This will allow us to simplify scheduling, reduce travel and allow for some pretty awesome competition at each location!
These larger locations for Spring are:
- East Mesa – Desert Ridge Junior High School. This will serve all east Mesa and many east Gilbert families.
- Central Mesa – Taylor Junior High School. This will serve all central and west Mesa families.
- Gilbert/North Chandler – Mesquite Junior High. This location will serve most of Gilbert and also Chandler families north of the 202.
- Queen Creek/South Gilbert/South Chandler – Payne Junior High. This exciting location will host games for teams from Queen Creek, south Chandler and south Gilbert.
**We use your child’s age on Dec 31, 2019!**
- Soccer – 3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9, 10-12
- Flag Football – 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-13
- Volleyball – 7-9, 10-11, 12-14
- Basketball – 4-5, 6-7, 8-9, 10-12
- Baseball – 3-4, 5-6, 7-9, 10-12
- Girls Softball – 7-9, 10-12
PRACTICE TIMES & LOCATIONS:
- Practice times and locations are arranged at the coach’s discretion. Each team practices when and where they choose.
- *AZYS does not provide teams with practice locations
GAME PLAY FORMAT:
- Soccer – Rec-style, Tournament style for older divisions only
- Flag football – Tournament style (beginner to advanced)
- Volleyball – Tournament style (beginner to advanced)
- Basketball – Tournament style (beginner to advanced), rec-style for younger divisions
- Baseball/Softball – Rec style (beginner – intermediate), tournament-style for kid pitch
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED BY PARENTS:
- Soccer – shin guards, black shorts, shoes, soccer ball. Cleats and soccer socks are optional.
- Flag Football – mouthguard, black pants/shorts, shoes, football. Cleats are optional.
- Volleyball – knee pads, black shorts, shoes, volleyball.
- Basketball – mouthguard, basketball shoes, black shorts, basketball.
- Baseball – black pants/shorts, shoes, glove, batting helmet. Bat and balls are optional.
- Girls Softball – black pants/shorts, shoes, glove, batting helmet. Bat and balls are optional.
Team Shirts are provided to all players. Hats are provided to Baseball/Softball only.
Please view the rules for the appropriate sized ball needed for your player.
We are always looking for new parent coaches. Please consider volunteering to coach your child’s team!
- 50% off one child’s registration
- Free coaches shirt
- The league will provide some equipment for some sports for practice
- Sample practices and playbooks are available to all coaches
Many teams will play 1-2 away games during the season. These are generally within 5-8 miles away from your home game location. All games are in the East Valley.
Full refunds may be issues if requested BEFORE rosters are released. From then on, only future credits are awarded.