Coaches, we’re so glad you’ve decided to take part is this great adventure with us. This league doesn’t happen without you!
We are a private league whose focus is on sportsmanship and fun. Except for flag football, all our sports are played recreation style. This means that there are no wins and losses recorded and score keeping is optional. You’ll notice that the kids have a lot of fun in this league because we provide a low-pressure and family-friendly experience. If they’re not smiling, we’re failing!
- You will receive your team rosters on the weekend before practices start. Please reach out to your team immediately to introduce yourself and schedule practices. Make sure every parent responds to you via email or phone so no one is left in the dark.
- Find a “team mom” immediately. This person will help you with things like jersey handouts, snack schedules (if applicable), communication, etc.
- We no longer hold parent meetings at the beginning of the season. All communication is through email, facebook, the website and through coaches. Please provide clear and constant communication with your team so they know what to expect.
- Please call or text 480.269.0817 to schedule equipment pickup (if applicable)
- League-provided equipment:
- Baseball – 2 bats, 4+balls (as needed), 2 helmets, bases. It is recommended that parents purchase their own batting helmets for their child to prevent sharing of lice.
- Basketball – League provides no equipment. Ask parents to have their child bring a proper-sized ball with their name on it to each practice.
- Flag football – Flag football belts. Ask parents to have their child bring a proper-sized ball with their name on it to each practice.
- Soccer – League provides no equipment. Ask parents to have their child bring a proper-sized ball with their name on it to each practice.
- Volleyball – League provides no equipment. Ask parents to have their child bring a proper-sized ball with their name on it to each practice.
- Jerseys generally arrive from our supplier the week of games. We will send an email out when they arrive. Please have a team representative come to the office to pick up your jerseys.
- Begin practices immediately. You are only required to hold one practice a week for about an hour. Some teams practice twice a week, but the extra practice must be optional for your players.
- As the head coach, you get final say on the practice location and time, but please be considerate of your entire team. Try to centralize the location and make the time convenient.
- Please provide the best coaching possible. This means teaching proper technique and giving constructive feedback. You don’t have to be an expert, but you can find plenty of resources online that will help you better instruct your players.
- Here are sample practice outlines to follow if you need help:
- All games are played Saturday mornings (generally between 8am and noon). It is your responsibility to check the schedule to know when you play and on which field.
- Please arrive before your kids to set up a team gathering location for game preparation.
- Rules can be found on the rules pages
- Playing time should be even and fair. “Winning” should never come at the expense of a child’s happiness. The only acceptable causes for shortened playing time are a child’s lack of desire to play, exhaustion, disobedience or the missing of multiple practices.
- Player opportunities should be fair. For instance, in flag football, every child must get at least one ball carry or pass thrown to him/her in each game. In soccer, each player must be given the opportunity to play different positions that allow them to learn to score and play defense. This league is to allow the kids to grow in their respective sports.
- Referees are provided for volleyball, basketball, flag football and the kid-pitch division of baseball. Soccer, tee ball and coach-pitch baseball are coach-officiated.
- There is absolutely no yelling, arguing or berating players, coaches or referees.
- If your parents are showing poor sportsmanship, we ask that you help control them.
- If correction is required for a player, please calmly instruct him/her. If a player is out of control, please bench that player.
- Choosing to coach strictly to get the coach discount is not acceptable. There must be a genuine interest in helping the kids succeed and become better at the sport they are playing.
Again, we’re excited and grateful to have you as part of our organization. We strongly believe that if you catch the vision of what this is all about, you’ll have just as much fun as the kids. We’ll see you on the field/court!